Chevy Impala LS with Tire pressure Monitoring System issue
I have a 2005 Chevy Impala LS with Tire pressure Monitoring System & for some reason the light on the dash for this keeps going on after being reset. I have checked my tires & all of them have the correct amount of air in them. Is there someway to bypass that light so it will stay off? The Chevy dealership says it needs to be replaced & my mechanic won't tell me how to reset the light because he gets $25 every time I bring the car in. I would like to know how to either reset the light myself or bypass it.
Dear Chevy owner,
- Adjust all tire pressures to the recommended PSI. Refer to Tire Placard.
- Turn the ignition to "ACC" or "ON", with the engine OFF.
- Turn the radio "OFF".
- Press and hold the "DISP" button until "SETTINGS" is displayed.
- Press the "SEEK" up or down arrows until "TIRE MON" is displayed.
- Press the "PREV" or "NEXT" button to enter the submenu. "RESET" will be displayed.
- Press the "DISP" button, a chime will sound and "DONE" will be displayed.
- Scroll until "EXIT" is displayed.
- Press the "DISP" button to exit the TPM reset mode. A chime will sound to verify exit.
Thanks for writing in and I hope that this helps,